We are very excited to announce the opening of the new Little Bear Recovery Center! This center is designed to be a resource of information for survivors of the Little Bear Fire. If you or someone you know has suffered any kind of loss during this incident, we are here to help. There are literally thousands of people in our community from dozens of organizations that are working together to try to offer assistance to the survivors of this fire. One of the main functions of the Resource Center will be to help the survivors navigate through all the information and resources to try to find the right solutions to meet their immediate and long-term recovery needs. This center will also be the coordination point for the volunteers that are working together to provide assistance to the survivors.
Where is the Recovery Center Located?
The Little Bear Recovery Center is located on Hwy 48 between mile marker 14 and 15 between Capitan and Bonito Park. It is approximately 1.75 miles North of the Hwy 37 turn off. It is on the East side of Hwy 48 (that means if you are coming from Capitan, then it will be on your left. If you are coming from Alto/Ruidoso, it will be on your right). The actual physical address is 1470 State Hwy 48. We will have a map in place soon!
When is the Little Bear Recovery Center Open?
Thanks to the dedication of the volunteer men and women who are staffing this office, we will be open from 7am – 7pm Monday through Friday and from 9am – 3pm on Saturdays. We will be closed on Sundays.
What will you find at the Little Bear Recovery Center?
If you are a survivor of the Little Bear Fire and have suffered a loss as a result of the fire…
- People who are ready, willing and able to assist you as you begin to navigate through the options and choices that you are facing during this difficult time. Our case managers will work with you from beginning to end. We are local volunteers that have committed to helping you for the long haul.
- Volunteer organizations that can offer you help from debris cleanup to insurance questions.
- Resource guides and directories of available resources to help you answer questions quickly now and in the future.
If you are a volunteer wanting to help in the recovery effort…
- People who can direct you to the right path of volunteering whether it be physical help, spiritual help. technical help, babysitting, etc.
- Volunteer coordinators that will help get you qualified to start volunteering in this effort.
- Training for your specific area of help.
- Volunteer Organizations and experts that can help you get involved in their ongoing efforts.
Please come by and visit us at the Little Bear Recovery Center where neighbors are helping neighbors!